¡Hi! I’m Sara, incessant traveler, entrepreneur and author of the travel blog Mindful Travel.
Travel blogger and lover of nature and adventure, I started her blog Mindful Travel to share my passion for discovering new cultures and experiences and help other travelers who want to explore the world.
I’m a passionate entrepreneur who always finds its way to be happy through my projects, sharing my travel inspiration on Instagram and giving advice about how to travel with pets, as I do with my cute dachshund Kiba.
My motto: “When traveling, open your mind and your heart so you will learn with all your senses. Do not judge, experiment and enjoy every moment of the journey.”
How was my passion for traveling born?
When I turned 6 my parents bought a caravan with which we traveled through Spain and Europe until I turned 13.
I have always felt the desire to travel and explore new places. The holidays were unique, full of laughter and good times; and I endured a lot of walking all day and also convinced my parents to enter in all the churches and monuments of each city. I wanted to see everything!
And at 18 came two incredible trips: Interrail touring Italy for a month and discovering Tunisia. An incredible few months where I learned to take the chestnuts out of the fire and also to know a culture very different from mine.
In 2003 a trip to Ecuador changed my life. I spent a month in the neighborhood of Guayaquil, actively collaborating with an NGO and helping in the education and training of women and children.
I think what I learned in that month has guided my life since then and left so much impact on me as my foundations as a person and a human being changed forever.
Traveling responsibly, trying to benefit local communities and being respectful of the environment and cultures of each country, is something I always keep in mind when planning a trip. It may not always be possible, but every grain of sand counts, and among all, it can be achieved.
Living in another country makes you grow
When I finished college, I lived in Oxford for six months. Thanks to that experience, I learned to be independent and responsible, as well as learned English, which is now basic in my life.
Discovering other cultures while working
For 6 years, thanks to my previous work as an auditor, I was able to travel half the world and immerse myself in the daily life of cultures very different from mine.
I have absorbed like a sponge everything from countries like Mexico, Argentina, United States and Brazil have taught me, both professional and personally. And to go into the differences of each country in a very close way.
A big travel love
Four years ago, things of destiny, crossing the world for work, I met the person with whom I would share my life forever and the one who supports and supports my traveling madness. Together with our puppy Kiba, we are the perfect travel family!
On our honeymoon we chose Thailand and Cambodia, and it was an unforgettable trip. The hospitality and culture of both countries undoubtedly impressed me the most; that look of curiosity, those innocent smiles… I was totally captivated!
Never stop dreaming
Undoubtedly, the journey continues, and as we all know, what is important is not destiny, but the path that leads to it.
Enjoy every day of the trip and always ask yourself: What will be the next destination?
10 Things you don’t know about me
- I was born in Madrid, on May 18, 1983; and as a good Taurus, I am very stubborn!
- ¿My favorite country so far? Brasil.
- ¿My dream trip? India 😍
- I love animals so much, I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was a child. And of course, my dog Kiba, has become essential in my life, and is a great traveler too! Even he has his own Instagram account.
- I love sweet. Especially chocolate; and a secret… I’m addicted to Nocilla!
- I am a very organized person, I love to do lists and checklist so I don’t forget all that I have in my head. At home, I am quite untidy!
- To relax after a stressful day of work, I turn on music and I dance and sing non-stop. Music calms the beast!
- I love watching photos. I’m sure you have met the typical person who loves to show his photos; that’s me. And what happens when a friend arrives from a trip and wants to show their photos? I the only one enjoying watching them for hours!
- A secret confession? I love food of the planes!
- A tip I follow whenever I can: Enjoy life to the fullest, don’t be conformist and don’t get old thinking what you could have done and didn’t do for fear.